När jag har något att säga säjer jag det här, om jag inte säger det någon annanstans. Politik, mera om Asien än om Västvärlden eftersom jag ofta känner mej mindre främmande där. Sometimes English, sometimes Swedish depending on what kind of keyboard and my state of mind.

2009-12-14

December 14, 2009

Dec. 14 2009, 17:15

The first walk to town and back, sigh. I was not sure how far it was but not too far I thought, within Pig Walking Distance. It had seemed short when I arrived in the minibus from the airport. The main problem being that the pavements are un-walkable. Well, some meters are, most are not, and often the edges are too high for me to climb, so one has to walk in the street, where you got more cars/motorbikes than space. Never mind, nothing to do about it. Should not do it regularly when it is dark and the farang drivers less sober thou.

Passed a small Swedish restaurant, offering something very Swedish today, forgot what, something new every day. Some fat Swedish guys there, we said hello. Next shop a mobile phone shop, where they could sell me time for the mobile, they had not a clue about international SMS or internet that I want to know more of, sigh. On that Thai phone card I have, I can buy international SMS cheaper and also use for internet, but how the heck do I put money THERE after I have charged the phone with ordinary phone card money for talking??? When I arrived in Thailand they got a phone service center in the airport, så they fixed it there, but now? Must be possible to call some service to get it done, but honestly I hate calling strange people talking strange languages and dialects or broken Thai-English......

I slept VERY well for almost 4 hours after writing above, wakin up now with a bit of a headache after my long walk in 33°C. As always nowadays, it takes an hour for my eyes to properly wake up and see clearly. Putting up the size on the screen, the small SMS almost hopeless.....

Hm, stomach itchy. Or rather - where I had my hernia operation at the navel a month ago, on Nov. 12, suppose it is a good sign it is mending.

Yui had called her best friend in Bangkok, Pui, a tall Chinese gal, and she fixed 50 international SMS for me, per month, someone said it was half the price compared to if I just do it on the normal phone account. Internet - who the heck knows? Then I remembered another girl..... (strange - only girls here?) So after some food, cold Chang, talk, at Soppköket, another little Swedish restaurant in the same block where I lived before, I walked around the block to see my old place, passed the girl in the associated hotel, that I talked to many times 2 years ago, and SHE was doing internet via her mobile the same way and phone company that nobody knows how.... I remembered she mentioned it at that that time, so the next time I need a refill of that, I go to her, So that fixed too, Thai style.

Midnight, the temperature is down to 29.8°C.

Sort of hungry. Water and bread! Bought a pack of freshly baked German farmer bread down in the shop, remembered it was ok, have nothing to put on but - ah well... And put half a cube of pig broth in the hot water. Survivable. After all I filled the belly with food at Soppköket and I seldom have both lunch and dinner.

So, life on a Paradise Island is not too bad, and it challenges me to exercise more, for sure! I "could" walk to town with no greater problem, the main problem is the dangerous road down there, but I doubt there is any back street one could walk. Should next time extend the trip down to the beach - they have apparently opened a new restaurant/bar with view over the sea, that I should try. Such places are most active after dark though - shit that I have no balance for a little motorbike, otherwise that is the usual way to go here and rather cheap to rent. I might even afford to have a jeep here, but there is not quite any place on the roads for that.....







Inga kommentarer: