När jag har något att säga säjer jag det här, om jag inte säger det någon annanstans. Politik, mera om Asien än om Västvärlden eftersom jag ofta känner mej mindre främmande där. Sometimes English, sometimes Swedish depending on what kind of keyboard and my state of mind.

2009-12-18

Walk to town. Cold.

Ah well, the pics come in reverse order, I am too lazy to move them one by one.... I just started to move the two first to put at then end. So they start down at the beach and end just outside my guesthouse, Kulatida House. And then two more from the beach, when they cover the view....























Actually my jungle luck.

I decided to walk downtown yesterday.

No formidable act of life-to-death-decision. Not too far after all, now once I have found out I can do it in one go without sitting and resting.



I had decided to walk a bit further, all the way down to the beach, I bought a Chang beer when I approached the town, in one of the usual SuperMarts where it had cost 38 last year, now the regular price of 40, inflation. Continued walking. Hoped to find a bench for my beer but none except where they also wanted to sell me a beer.

I had heard about a new restaurant/bar at the seaside, with view of the sea so I looked for that, found it. Not exactly handicap friendly but I got in the usual way - they had things standing around the entrance where i could hold when negotiating the big step. Wholly unplanned, why not a normal handlebar?

A bit later an ancient guy came, ya know, shaking all his arms and legs uncontrolled, but refusing to give up, so his wife and wheel chair helped him there and - if one is stubborn, one can keep on for rather much longer than expected. He wasn't smiling though - there are limits.

So finally I got my deep-fried plaa muuk (squid)! And wondered why suddenly they started to cover the view out over the sea with heavy "draperies" - some kind of plastic sheet. "Rain" the guy said - I had not experienced any rain since coming to Thailand but of course I have been here before - warm rain is not at all unusual on Samui also this season thou it is not flooding like during the monsoon rains during autumn. And not lasting too long.

Soon the sky opened, you know this noise so you barely hear your own thoughts. I still had a meter between two of the sheet to look down over the black sea, with some people walking along the beach enjoying the heavy rain. Swimming or walking in the rain, wet as wet......





The portion of plaa muuk was not as big as at my usual restaurant 2 years back (there I showed which plaa muuk I wanted and then they murdered it and fried it) - I passed it a few days ago and it looked rebuilt and new name, but now - when it was not pouring anymore, just normal rain, I left and walked towards home. Still a bit raining so I settled for a moment in a bar, where two other bearded guys like me sat - someone commented on three Santas in one bar..... They were Americans, one of them owned half the bar. So - talked a little and I went off - wanted to come home before total dark, and the rain had stopped.

Survived, came home and then it started to pour again. Most of the night. Besides I had got a backache again from the walk. Did not sleep too well, up at 7.

Shit, kicked down the open suitcase to the floor AGAIN - did it also once n Bangkok but there I had reason - here I have a double bed.

Opened the door out, some sun, but cold, just 28,9°C so I stopped the fan, was freezing when sitting here in my shorts.

I had a mug of pig broth when waking up, but now I need my morning coffee!

And now two ladies, one big and one small, tell me I have been here almost one week, time for cleaning. I didn't konw.

Inga kommentarer: