När jag har något att säga säjer jag det här, om jag inte säger det någon annanstans. Politik, mera om Asien än om Västvärlden eftersom jag ofta känner mej mindre främmande där. Sometimes English, sometimes Swedish depending on what kind of keyboard and my state of mind.

2007-12-01

27 Nov. 2007, midnight

Practical that I put the laptop on Bangkok time weeks ago.... anyway, I arrived as scheduled from Copenhagen - London in the middle of the afternoon, no problems thru passport and customs but A LOT to walk in the new airport! Ah well, no hurry,

I had heard about the taxi mess outside, warnings about all the taxi louts trying to cheat up unwary and tired travellers, "only 1000 Baht, yes we are official"..... I found the taxi stand - the "official one" where people are obliged to put on the taxameter - thou I had to tell the guy three times "taxameter!" Then he obeyed and then we were friends and I showed him how to find the hotel. Nah, I do not know the Bangkok streets, but the quarters around Khao San.

Coming in here big smile from the travel agency gal, the usual one! Installed myself,
-- have to remind myself of some small things, like the Thai way of locking doors and their way here to put on light - a small box to put your keyholder in, so people do not waste and forget to switch off the power when going.

Yui back home has now got my cold, felt quite bad this morning in a SMS but would anyway take bus to school. Then I was ordered to find an internet cafe and connect the laptop when she came from school which should be - ah - 11 something. I tested but found no wireless internet here to sneak into.

This place only have old aircons still, always too cold, and no fan, talked to the gal outside, I paid my 3 nights here, but then I move to Welcome Sawasdee Inn, the same chain but cheaper, around the corner. They have changed the entry here so it is harder for me to use it - unless there is a chair in the vicinity for me to hold a little in, when stepping and out.

It is early morning now the second day here, did not sleep too well, still cold in the head and jet lag. Have a coffee and a packet of instant noodles - my new water heater works perfectly - then maybe try a nap. Last evening I took a walk down to my usual hangout, Popiang, think 7 people there looked very happy to see me again! The owner couple of course, thou they still know very little. Then some who works there since before, like - hm, Chiang or so, she looked very happy to see me, so we talk some. Wonder where a friend of ours, a crazy llttle gal, who called me Uncle, is gone - she had not seen her for a year or so. That gal, hm, I have her mail address, can always send away a mail. She is of the low-edcated kind, restaurang girl, but I had the feeling she was quite smart, good English - and could even write some, and use email! 3 years ago she seemed to want to improve herself, ran around with a thick textbook in English, she had just married an American the year before, planned to go there - but then he had disappeared, she thought she had joked a bit too hard on him, and well...... 2 years ago she did not seem so serious, mostly wanted to run around and have fun. Now, no idea.

I had a fat mackerel, fresh from the sea and not the freezer as in "civilized" countries, and 2 bottles of Chang - finally..... Then Ouan passed with a smile and talked a while - one of the Akka tribe girls, a bunch is always selling handicraft, her English improved but still no reading or writing. So the guy next table, some Latin-American but still not - he said he had recently travelled there so I guess not.... He wondered if I knew everyone :)

So home in decent time, talked some to the girl in the reception here, told I planned to move to the cheaper Sawasdee Hotel after 3 nights here, and she smiled and said she would help me book there. And tell I am a VIP...

Nov. 28, 17:10

It seemed my cold took a little pause when travelling, now I am coughing from the deep lungs, have slept most of the day, the best cure. Had a warm shower for me and my noodle bowl, I see it is 27 degrees in the room - cold! Almost freezing now when drying, then I have to go out and find an internet cafe to connect this machine for a while to up- and download mail. hm, where are the terminal glasses, these reading glasses are not so good for this distance, hm, make the characters a bit bigger so I see.

A bit of a backpain, making unfamiliar movements. But still I am happy I am here, and I have often had an autumn cold in the head, throat and lungs when travelling here, just in time to escape the real bad weather.

Dec. 1,

At an internet cafe again, I think the flu starts to disappear, thou I am still very tired and it takes energy to get out. I have been at home the last two evenings but now - 15:00, if I go home soon to rest a bit I might go out in the evening - I am sure they miss me at Popiang :)

One sees many strange people here, of all kinds, and all kinds of couples. Like I just saw two very ugly girls, with tatooes everywhere, apparently lovers. Behind me sat an old Aussie who apparently had lived a mile from nearest neighbor all his life, he tried to chat up an old lady the other end of the restaurant and everybody heard every single breath......

Nah, time to go for a rest. Then I might have power to go out to Popiang tonight.


Inga kommentarer: