När jag har något att säga säjer jag det här, om jag inte säger det någon annanstans. Politik, mera om Asien än om Västvärlden eftersom jag ofta känner mej mindre främmande där. Sometimes English, sometimes Swedish depending on what kind of keyboard and my state of mind.

2010-07-03

Suddenly in a wheel chair

In the hospital in Lund. In a wheel chair. Not allowed to walk.
No real fun, I have all spring in Sweden had problems with ulcers on first the left little toe, that must have started in Thailand, thou I never saw it, my wife saw it when I came from the first shower. And a month later, a cracked place at the side of the left foot also opened up, sigh. So she has worked with cleaning up them until a few days ago, when we saw that the left foot got more red and all the foot hurt when I walked on it,  so I got an appointment with the diabetes foot girls yesterday, took taxi up, they looked, said "SHIT", put me in a wheel chair and Yui drove me up to the central hospital block and to clinic #5, to present my humble self two hours later. So - some inflammation in the foot, and I am barely allowed to stand on it when I pee. Ah well, sooner or later I have to buy a wheel chair, but I have been in no hurry.
Anyway, as usual when I have to stay in the hospital, I feel healthy suddenly, seeing the guys and birds around, with an assortment of number of feet available for walking. One almost ok and one not ok at all, is a common combination.
They have taken samples of the bacteria in the wounds, sent for cultivation so they know exactly what antibiotics to put in, and meanwhile they have given me two broad spectrum kinds, supposed to kill rather much. Saturday today so on Monday the docs are back, I do not know how many days it takes to get response on the culture, so they can find some more specific antibiotic.
In the beginning I got one kind, in March, Heracillin, a rather general kind of penicillin I have had before, after a month I got some allergic chock, red itchy spots all over, fever, so stopped and back to the clinic a few days later, got a new kind of antibiotics for ten days. Then nothing for a week waiting to go to the doc and not only the nurses. So a new antibiotic, but apparently tht was not murderous enough. So let us see how many feet I have when I leave this place, and when - have no idea.

Inga kommentarer: