När jag har något att säga säjer jag det här, om jag inte säger det någon annanstans. Politik, mera om Asien än om Västvärlden eftersom jag ofta känner mej mindre främmande där. Sometimes English, sometimes Swedish depending on what kind of keyboard and my state of mind.

2008-01-12

Jan. 11, 16:30

Went out in the heat, remembered I had put a cap in the big bag so I put it on. Down to take out another 20000 Baht as I have paid the room another month, 8000B, and then I went to buy a return ticket to Penang, where I have to go as my visa expires on Jan 25, the easiest is to go there for a few days, and I am in no hurry, cost somewhat over 8000B - prices on a low-cost air company so the price changes from hour to hour....... The are other more fancy visa tours to the border, both Malaysia and Burma, for people in a hurry and often minibuses driving like maniacs so they start in the morning and back late in the evening, but why stress when I can combine it with seeing a bit of other things. Hopefully things have not changed there so there is still a line of cheap hotels in center of town - old Chinese guest houses that look like they have not changed the last 50 years. Prices are pretty much the same as in Thailand, 30-40 Ringgit a night, 1 Ringgit is more or less 10 Baht.

The last banana from the fridge - half the size of the more civilized ones in Sweden and a little bit more fibers in them, but at - did not pay much more than one Bath for it so......


Next day

Sunshine, wanna know something more?.....

No news is good news, as they say. The days go, sometimes 32° and nice warm sun, some days rain, some nights pouring rain that pushes the temperature down to 27-28° forcing me to put the blanket over me.

Yesterday I bought a return ticket to Penang, as my visa expires on Jan. 25, so I will fly there for 5 days - those planes go once a day some days. Coming back I will start on the second half of my tourist visa, another 60 days, and when those days are over I have already been back in Sweden for a week. Time really goes very fast!

I cut off most of my hairy top, so now it is not Santa but Daddy everywhere.....

Most things are good here. As always, the bad ones are what sits on my mind. My right foot is somewhat swollen in morning, rather much more in the evening. I have somewhat increased the medicin, Impugan, that drives liquid out of my body, so have to run to the toilet more often, risking the life every time I jump up and down to the toilet - slipped once..... Still a tiny bit of ear problems from the flu.

Michael has found some guesthouse he thinks would be better for me, and also cheaper, 5 instead of 8000 Baht/month, and less noisy. A bit further off from the beach, thou I am not going there often - but he meant that he thought it was not out of reach of my walking. He would move in there on Monday I think, tell what he thinks and then I should walk there and have a look. It might be one I have heard about years ago. There are shops etc. so I have no reason to walk down towards this area for that.

3 kommentarer:

Dag Selander sa...

A real nice and civilized look. Welcome back. Thanks for good work on the ongoin´ questions.

Gita sa...

Don´t they have any beauty parlors on Samui???

Anonym sa...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.